Botox® is meant to deal with wrinkles and fine lines on your face and its results usually last for four to six months. However, there is a lot a person can do to make sure that Botox results last longer. Here are just some of them:
1. Choosing the right doctor is critical. An inexperienced doctor can leave you with Botox results that will not last longer than three months. Opting for an experienced and reputable doctor will result in positive Botox results that can last longer than six months.
2. Avoid the application of any kind scrubs, masks, abrasives, cleansers and toners for at least a week after getting Botox treatments since it can disrupt the settling of Botox in the face.
3. Botox effects last longer if you get Botox treatments at regular intervals since the muscles will get weaker over time, maximizing the benefits of Botox.
4. Avoid being exposed to the sun on the day you are scheduled to have Botox treatment since the sun boosts the circulation of blood, leading to dilation of blood vessels, and therefore dispersing Botox faster than average.
5. Moving the muscles that have just been injected may aid in Botox lasting longer. So don’t be afraid of expressing emotion, but always check what’s appropriate with your doctor first.
6. Always eat a diet rich in proteins since it helps in having healthy muscles. Healthy muscles work hand in hand with Botox in preserving robust muscle structure. Dairy, lean meat, nuts, legumes, fish or eggs added to the diet makes a huge difference. It is vital to ensure a healthy diet and skincare routine so that your Botox treated skin is well-nourished, helping the benefits look even greater.
7. Make sure to use branded skin care products that are medical grade to get an enhanced well-maintained skin appearance. A clean skin that is moisturized is necessary for its protection and refreshment.
8. Use Zytaze prescription medication that works by prolonging the effects of Botox and making it act a bit faster. However, this is only beneficial if it is taken a few days before having Botox treatment.