Photorejuvenation (IPL- Intense Pulsed Light) laser treatments are most commonly used to treat:
- Lightening and removing sun spots, age spots, brown blotches on the face, neck, chest, hands and other areas of the body
- Lightening and reducing redness, rosacea, dilated blood vessels and broken blood vessels on the face, neck and chest
- Helping to control flushing
- It also has a lesser effect of improving skin texture through collagen stimulation and improves pore size minimally by temporarily reducing oiliness
What is IPL?
IPL is the use of medical grade IPL/Laser equipment that provides selective thermolysis (chemical decomposition caused by heat) to the targeted areas, essentially ‘shattering’ the pigment into fragments. An IPL treatment is like being popped with a rubber band. Most people tolerate the procedure with the help of a topical anaesthetic cream. After treatment, areas of pigmentation will initially darken, then lighten as the pigmentation sloughs off (7-14 days).
What are the benefits of IPL?
- Improve skin tone and texture.
- Stimulate collagen production.
- Reduce redness and pigmentation.
- Reduce pore size.
To learn more about our IPL Photorejuvenation Laser Treatments and how these can help you achieve the results you are looking for, please call us at (770) 683-9136 to speak with one of our specialists. Some patients may also combine treatment with our first-class Obagi products.